I can hardly believe the school year will abruptly end in a few short weeks! It has been a fantastic year, jam-packed full of amazing opportunities. A quick top-five-favorites goes a little something like this…
1) My students – I just adore them. They’re the reason anything I share here matters.
2) Mentoring a fantastic student-teacher-turned-true-teacher, Lauren. Taking a new teacher “under my wing” is only secondary to teaching kids. It’s like having one big student (figuratively speaking of course, HA!) and therefore, potentially one big impact on someone’s practice. The intense experience of being a cooperative teacher always pushes me to be better.
3) Continuing as a Nearpod Author. Creating content and impacting classrooms beyond my own with content from my heart and my practice is truly rewarding! In addition to the 7th grade content I designed last summer, Nearpod has just published the 6th grade topics I’ve been working on. I can’t say enough how exciting it has been to be directly involved with one of the most powerful and motivating classroom tools I’ve seen at work with my kids. Have I mentioned that I adore Nearpod? 🙂 Check out some “Teacher’s Appreciation Week” freebies from Nearpod here.
4) Tutorial Videos for Querium. I had the pleasure of working with a dream-team of ed-tech visionaries at Querium this year. With the help of the amazing Colin Lowry, we created 40+ algebra tutorial videos for Querium’s smart software. Check out this fun time-lapse video from several of our recording sessions!
5) Publishing my first book in the iBooks Store. I was thrilled to be one of roughly 100 Apple Distinguished Educator authors chosen globally to have my interactive book published. Grab it (for free) to take a peek into my classroom, and download some simple yet powerful (free) assessment templates you can use in your classroom tomorrow.
To explore lots of relevant 21st-century education topics, and many more free books authored by ADEs, select the banner. Enjoy!