I’m honored to have been nominated for a Sunshine Award by Drew Frank – it’s great to connect with Drew via Twitter, and you’ll see from his blog that getting connected and using social media for learning are themes. Check out Drew’s blog here.
The Sunshine award is an opportunity to learn more about me as well as 11 other bloggers, recommended by yours truly. Here are the rules from Drew’s latest post:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (That’s Drew!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I won the third grade spelling bee. The winning word was “ankle”.
2. I play piano by ear, but I can barely read music.
3. I will sing in front of anyone, anywhere. Ask anyone who knows me.
4. I have a Vera Bradley… habit…
5. I am a Barry Manilow fan.
6. I find brain research fascinating and am a huge fan of Judy Willis.
7. I grew up north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
8. I married my college sweetheart, who was also a math major.
9. Royito’s Hot Sauce is my weakness.
10. My favorite pizza on the planet is the “bianca” at Backspace.
11. My son has severe food allergies, and I wish the general public understood more about this topic.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Airplane!
- If you could have attended any concert anytime in history, what would it have been? Not sure – not a big concert-goer typically
- What do you do for fun? Hobby? Walks and bike rides in Austin’s many amazing parks
- What two guests would make the best comedic pair as co-hosts for the Oscars? Will Ferrell and Steve Carell
- Cat, Dog or Goldfish? Why? Goldfish – my son is allergic to the other two
- How do you caffeinate? Lipton black tea with a splash of milk
- Favorite twitter chat? #msmathchat
- Best place you ever vacationed? Disney World junkie
- Best book you’ve read in 2013? Brain Rules by John Medina
- Favorite television shows? Parenthood and Grey’s Anatomy
- What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of? Being chosen as an Apple Distinguished Educator
My Sunshine Award Blogger Nominees
Finally, according to the Sunshine Award rules, it’s my turn to ask 11 questions of my nominees:
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
2. Favorite hobby?
3. Favorite movie of all time?
4. Favorite place to travel?
5. Favorite Twitter chat?
6. Favorite educational website?
7. Least favorite food?
8. Favorite book you’ve read in 2013?
9. Your unique talent?
10. Proudest moment?
11. Funniest thing you ever said in front of a group of students/educators?